1. Make a header (sometimes called a banner) using the standard dimensions of:
Image size: 6.88" x 2.79"
Pixels: 660 x 268
***HINT: I would recommend saving it as a PNG or PSD so you can make additional changes if needed. There is nothing more frustrating than doing all the work, and making a typo.
2. After you create your blog header, save it in a folder OR upload it to a photo host (like Photobucket, Flickr, or Scrapbookflair). With the header, it doesn't matter when using a JPG format if you keep the file on your computer or the photo host. If you choose to create an animated header, it is better to use the photo host. And creating an animated header will be another lesson.
3. Go to your blog, and select CUSTOMIZE, then select LAYOUT, and the PAGE ELEMENTS section should open up. If it doesn't select PAGE ELEMENTS.
4. Just below the Navbar, near the top section of the PAGE ELEMENTS is the header. It should have the word header in the title. Select the word Edit in that section.
5. A popup page will appear, and you will upload the image from your computer or from the web.
6. Select the word SAVE.
7. View Blog.
Here's to more happy bloggin', and
Hugs from the heart,
P.S. You can also change the color of the Navabar by selecting edit to most closely match your blog.