Most photo editing software usually has some form of animation, even if it is limited. However, if you have software that doesn't (or you have NO IDEA about that), here's a simple way to make a blinkie.
1. Create your slides (the images for each "blink" of the blinkie). For this example I made 6. The typical blinkie is 150 x 50 pxl. You should work in 1500 x 500, and when you are finished resize to the 150 x 50. Save each file separately.
2. Go to Picasion. For this lesson I chose Picasion, because it is SUPER EASY!
3. Upload your images in the order you want them in the slide show. You may add up to 10 images.
4. After inserting all your images, click CREATE ANIMATION.
5. When your blinkie is finished, you can select a choice of Image URL or HTML Code to post on your blog. I prefer to select the Image URL code.
6. Go to CUSTOMIZE/LAYOUT/PAGE ELEMENTS/ADD A GADGET. Select HTML/Java Script. When the element pops up, just add or Image URL that you copied from the code.
7. IF YOU WANT TO ADD A URL (Uniform Resource Locator) like your blog address to the blinkie, then follow Step 6 and instead of choosing HTML/Java Script, select PICTURE. You can add your blinkie and the web address of your choice.
When you are finished, you have a BLINKIE!
Here's to more happy scrapping, and
Hugs from the heart,