I hope this post finds you and yours completely blessed and relaxed. I hope you are all having a fabulous NEW YEAR! I received a few emails about linking so I decided to create this lesson to help you scrap your blog!
Linking Text and Photos
Providing hyperlinks is important to allow for smooth navigation in your blog. Fortunately, blogger has made this very simple:
If you are in the COMPOSE PORTION of your post, you will see a gray bar across the top of the post writing block with your many posting choices. The choices are, in order, FONT, TEXT SIZE, BOLD, ITALICS, TEXT COLOR, HYPERLINK, PARAGRAPH FORMATING, BULLETS, QUOTE BLOCK, SPELL CHECK, ADD PHOTO, ADD VIDEO, REMOVE FORMAT. For this lesson, we are going to learn how to link photos, texts, and previous pages in our blog.
1. To hyperlink a photo, first you add the photo to the post. For some reason the photos always go to the top of the post, and I always move them where I want them within the post.
2. Highlight the photo with your cursor, and then click on the HYPERLINK button (the one that looks like a piece of chain).
3. The link button will pop up and the first section is already filled in for you with the http: format, which I always leave as is. The second part of the link window will be for you to enter the web address. I always copy and paste the web address from the site to reduce errors on typing. You will paste in the web address, and then your photo will be hyperlinked.
4. This is also how you link text. Type the text you want, then highlight it, go to the hyperlink button, and put in the web address you want.
Linking posts in your blog:
I always open a second window with my blog in it to easily find the location of the article I want to reference.
1. Find the post you want to link back to in your blog. Click on the TITLE of that post. Your post will open in the blog first, as if it were new.
2. Go to the address bar, and you will highlight the entire web address and copy it.
3. You will follow the directions above about linking texts and then pasting that code you copied from your address bar into the text or photo you have selected.
You can easily use your 4shared link the same way. Just highlight your photo (preview) of your freebie in the post, then click on the hyperlink button, and add your 4shared address to the pop up window, and your digi-scrap freebie will be linked.
I hope this is all information is easy and clear...Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions!
Hugs from the heart,