A favicon is the icon that shows up in the address line. I have an “E” in my address bar instead of the default orange blogger icon. To change your icon is a multi-step process, but once you do, it’s really very simple.
Step 1 - Create an icon.
Icons must be very simple. Otherwise you will not be able to tell what they are. They are usually about 16 x 16 pxls or 32 x 32 pxls, so you can see they are quite small. You can create an icon in many ways. I usually create mine in a 100 x 100 size, and the image converter resizes it for me. I also save it as a JPG.
1. You can create one in some photo editing programs
2. You can create an image and convert it in an online converter, like Online Image Converter
3. You can download this simple icon creator that you just drop in your image and it converts and saves it with the same name to the same file with an .ico extension.
4. You can select a premade icon from sites like Free Icons Web.
Step 2 – Upload your icon.
1. You will need to upload your icon to a photo hosting site that accepts .ico files (icon files). The one is use is Oogle Toogle
2. Save your icon link (I always select the direct link, the last one) to paste in the code.
Step 3 – Back up your template
1. Backup your template before making any changes. Click here to see how.
Step 4 - Add the code. Did you backup your template?
1. Look for the following code in your HTML by going to the LAYOUT TAB, then selecting HTML, this part of the code is near the top of your HTML:
Directly after this code, you will add your FAVICON CODE:
<link href='Direct ICON LINK HERE' rel='shortcut icon'/>
3. Preview your blog before saving. You should see the Favicon in your address bar. Give your page plenty of time to load. Make sure it is something you want and like.
4. If you are satisfied with your Favicon, then select SAVE.
Occasionally, the online site may be down, and your icon will not show up. This is generally temporary, and nothing to be concerned about.
Here's to more happy scrapping, and
Hugs from the heart,